With a tagline like ‘Inspiration and innovation for every kitchen’, Bodum might be a brand that you have an interest it. This coffee maker brand and the convenient coffee brewing equipment that it produces is definitely a favorite for many coffee lovers. However, while you can be assured that the user reviews of Bodum are overwhelmingly positive, you might still be wondering if it’s the right choice for you. Keep reading to learn more about Bodum, read Bodum cold brew coffee maker reviews and get more information on this brand to find out if it is the right one for your needs.
The Story of Bodum
Bodum started decades ago in 1944 when the houseware brand was introduced in Copenhagen, Denmark by Peter Bodum. Over the years, the company has introduced many great products including their innovative French Press, which people love for its convenient and environmentally friendly design. Since then, the brand has also relocated to Switzerland, establishing a team of expert designers and engineers to develop their products. Today, this brand is sold in more than fifty-five countries around the world. The company is still in the Bodum family, and is now run by the founder’s son Jørgen, who has kept the core principles of affordable and functional product design in the brand.
Pros and Cons
If you’re looking to invest in new coffee making equipment and are wondering if Bodum is a good brand for you, then there are some pros and cons worth considering before you decide if it’s worth paying for.
- Top-Rated Products: If you are looking for a new coffee machine or coffee maker, then you will find lots of reviews recommending Bodum. The Bodum Chambord has often been named by users as the best overall French press, and they also sell a lot of highly rated coffee accessories including the Bodum Pavina Double Wall Glasses.
- Lots of Options: Bodum is a respected and loved brand that has been catering to coffee drinkers for many years. They offer an extensive product range including various coffee maker types like pour-over, vacuum, immersion, and cold brew along with coffee cups, mugs, glasses, and more.
- French Press: The French Press brewing method is highly recommended and Bodum has incorporated this into its product design. Not only does the French Press make coffee that is delicious with a deep flavor, but it’s also great for preventing waste and simple to do.
- Starbucks Recall: Starbucks recalled more than 260k Bodum French Press coffee makers in 2019, due to the coffee maker having issues with the plungers breaking. However, Bodum alleged that Starbucks had provided false information and sued the company, which appeared like Bodum may have manufactured defective products.
- Some Bad Reviews: Like most brands, Bodum is not perfect, and among the many great reviews and recommendations, there have also been some concerning reviews. For example, with the French press, some users have reported that the borosilicate glass isn’t very resistant to impacts or drops.
- It’s Not the Cheapest: In general, you will be glad to hear that Bodum is a fairly affordable brand, with some coffee makers selling for as little as $25. However, there are always similar products on the market that will cost you less. But if you want both an aesthetically pleasing design and a durable build, Bodum might be worth paying a little more for.
Where Can I Buy Bodum Products?
If you’ve decided that Bodum is worth investing in for your home, you can buy their products from their official website. You can also find Bodum products available for sale on Amazon and at other similar online stores like eBay.
How to Use a Bodum French Press Coffee Maker?
The French press from Bodum is a very simple and easy coffee maker to use. All you will need to do is put the ground coffee of your choice into the basin and pour hot water over the top. Allow it to sit for around 4-5 minutes, before gently pushing the plunger down and serving your coffee. The best thing about the French press from Bodum is that it is made using borosilicate glass, which withstands heat very well. It also comes with a warranty of one year.
What are Bodum’s Core Principles?
The founder of this company, Peter Bodum, is quoted as saying that good design doesn’t need to be expensive – and this remains one of the core principles of the company today. You can check out the product range on the Bodum website before buying to see if there’ a good fit for your budget.
What Coffee Makers Does Bodum Offer?
Along with their famous French press coffee makers, you can get many other types of high-quality coffee makers from Bodum, including pour-over coffee makers and vacuum coffee makers.
Does Bodum Sell Coffee Grinders?
If you want to make your own coffee at home, then you will probably know that the best way to do this is to grind your own coffee beans fresh. Bodum doesn’t just sell French press coffee makers and other coffee maker products, but they also have a range of coffee grinders. With models priced from between $24 and $120, there are options to suit every budget. Bodum’s grinders have an elegant design and are easy to use, with stainless steel blade and burr grinders. All of the grinders are plug-in, so you don’t need to worry about charging them or changing the batteries. There are both standard and premium models available.
Bodum Cold Brew Coffee Maker – How to Use
If you want a reinvigorating and refreshing drink, cold brew coffee is a great choice. This type of coffee is made without any heat, resulting in a taste that is different from your normal hot cup of coffee. When the ground beans are steeped in cold water, this extracts their flavor compounds more slowly, which results in less acidity and a flavor profile that is more nuanced. The Bean Cold Brew Coffee Maker from Bodum is designed so that you can prepare this beverage in your own kitchen. It is made with a non-stain borosilicate glass carafe and can brew twelve servings of cold brew at one time. It comes with an integrated, environmentally filter that works more effectively compared to paper filters. To make cold brew using this coffee maker, follow these steps:
- Place the coffee maker on a non-slip surface and make sure that you have the silicone lid available. Grind some dark roasted beans on a coarse grind setting and add them to the carafe. 163g of beans is recommended by Bodum to make the maximum twelve cups.
- The best water to coffee ratio for this coffee maker is 8:1, which is around twice as strong as the ratio as you would normally use for brewing hot coffee. This is because cold brew coffee is best made bold, and you can dilute it with water, milk, or by adding other flavors after it has brewed without risking changing or losing the amazing taste. If you are using 163g of coffee grounds, then add 1300g of cold water. Use filtered water if you can since this does not have as many impurities. Pour the water in a circular motion slowly into the carafe to evenly cover the ground coffee, and then use a wooden or plastic spoon to gently stir it until it is saturated.
- The next step is to simply wait and let the coffee maker do its thing. Use the silicone lid to seal the carafe and allow the coffee to brew for between twelve and fifteen hours at room temperature. If you want a chilled coffee, then put the carafe in your fridge for between eighteen and twenty-four hours.
- Once the brewing process is over, replace the silicone lid of the carafe with the plunger lid. This works in a similar way to a French Press; slowly press the plunger down to make sure that any ground coffee is trapped at the base of the carafe. It should move easily; however, if you are struggling, try stirring the coffee gently before trying again. To serve, dilute the coffee with water or milk to your preferences and add any flavorings you like.
Cold Brew Recipes to Try with the Bodum Bean
If you are a lover of cold brew and are considering investing in the Bodum Bean coffee maker for your home, there are lots of things you can do to customize a cold brew. Some great recipes to try include:
- Vanilla coffee dream – add two scoops of vanilla ice cream to your glass before pouring a generous amount of cold brew coffee over the top. Top it off with whipped cream and chocolate sauce or sprinkles for a delicious dessert.
- Cold Irish coffee – Fill your glass half-way with cold brew. Add a double shot of your favorite whisky and one shot of sugar syrup. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Mint cold brew – Use a mortar and pestle to grind fresh mint leaves and two teaspoons of sugar. Add to your glass with ice and pour cold brew coffee over the top.
If you want coffee making products that are elegant and sophisticated with a decent price tag, Bodum might be a good brand for you.