We all love those cute little latte foam art designs on our coffees. Whether it's at the nearest Cafe or in a Starbucks, a perfect flower or a cute design on top of your coffee just adds a little bit of magic that you need. Now you can create the magic yourself.
Upgrade your latte and take them to the next level by making your own barista coffee designs. I've got a very easy-to-follow technique that takes practice, but your coffee will bring out the artist in you. You'll be able to make these designs to impress your friends or just a marvel at your own talent.
Here's what you have to do:
1. First, you must make your espresso. A double-shot should suffice.
2. Once you've made your espresso, pour it into a wide-mouthed cup. The foam on top is crema and is essential in a coffee art creation. Here it's crucial that we use the espresso as soon as it's made and keep the crema on top.
3. Next comes steaming milk. You must take cold milk and then steam it into a sort of whirlpool pattern as it heats. Steam it for a couple of minutes or until it reaches 65 degrees celsius. The trick here is to create some foam that makes for soft and textured milk and can conveniently make coffee latte art. One must keep in mind not to overheat milk as it continues to heat once steamed.
4. Now that the espresso and the milk are taken care of, it comes down to the technique of making the art.
5. You have to hold your cup of coffee in one hand and tilt it slightly away from you. This way, you will be able to create the pattern without needing to move the cup around much.
6. Also, you must ensure that the espresso and the steamed milk do not sit for too long as the temperatures matter and make your art stand out.
7. Next, take the steamed milk in the other hand and start pouring it and right in the center and on top of the crema, slowly and steadily.
Bring the milk jar closer to the coffee cup as the cup fills up halfway.
8. You will see the milk displayed on the top surrounded by the coffee foam. As the cup starts filling to the brim, give it your final adjustments and finish up.
9. Now you may not nail the designs on your first try, but practice makes perfect.
10. One can also consider using a q-tip app with chocolate powder and make creative designs. Also, the chocolate top sprinkled on top makes for very unique-looking latte art.