1. Bring water to a boil and preheat the Vandola by pouring the water inside. This will keep the coffee warm for 30 minutes post brew. Place a dry paper filter inside the dripper.
2. Rinse the entire filter with hot water and make sure the triple-fold portion of the filter is facing the pour spout.
3. Add 35 grams of ground coffee inside the wet filter and dump out the water before proceeding. Gently tap the cone to evenly settle the grounds.
4. Place the Vandola on top of the scale. Tare scale (zero out).
5. BLOOM: Start timer. In a spiraling motion, add water to completely saturate the coffee grounds. Stop pouring once the scale reaches 70 grams, then use a spoon to gently turn over the bottom of the brew bed onto the top (agitation).
6. FIRST/ FINAL POUR: At 45 seconds, begin pouring water in slow concentric circles. Move from the center of the bed to the outside and back to the center. Once the water reaches just below the rim of the Vandola, wait for the water to lower and add more water until the total brew weight is 480 grams. Remember to not touch the sides of the filter with water.
7. Coffee should finish brewing around 4:30 minutes, when the brew bed dries up and the coffee stops dripping through the filter.
8. Swirl the Vandola and pour into your favorite mug!